The European Ombudsman and you - How it works
WHO can turn to the European Ombudsman?Citizens, NGOs, associations, businesses, universities, journalists…
- With complaints concerning an EU institution, office or agency
- Who have already tried to solve the problem with the EU body concerned
- When the issue is not over two years old
- Where there is no other legal action underway
The Ombudsman can help WITH
- Unfair treatment by EU bodies
- Problems with EU tenders/contracts
- Late payments from EU funds
- Refused access to documents
- Delays in dealings with EU bodies
- Undisclosed or improper lobbying
WHAT can the Ombudsman do?
- Follow-up your complaint with the EU body
- Help find a fair solution to your problem
- Issue recommendations to EU bodies
- Inspect EU documents
HOW to contact the Ombudsman?
- You can contact the Ombudsman in the 24 official EU languages
- Fill out the easy online complaint form.