Cinneadh i gcás 1829/2019/EWM maidir le mainneachtain an Choimisiúin Eorpaigh rochtain a dheonú ar dhoiciméid a bhaineann le cruinnithe idir an Coimisinéir Jourová agus páirtithe leasmhara
Case 1829/2019/EWM - Opened on Friday | 04 October 2019 - Decision on Tuesday | 12 November 2019 - Institution concerned European Commission (Settled by the institution )
Bhain an cás le hiarraidh ar rochtain phoiblí ar dhoiciméid a bhaineann le ceithre chruinniú idir an Coimisinéir Jourová agus roinnt páirtithe leasmhara seachtracha. Tar éis dó fanacht ar fhreagra ón gCoimisiún ar feadh sé mhí, rinne an gearánach teagmháil leis an Ombudsman.
Dhún an tOmbudsman an fiosrúchán ós rud é, i ndiaidh di idirghabháil a dhéanamh, gur thug an Coimisiún freagra don ghearánach agus deonaíodh páirt-rochtain don ghearánach ar na doiciméid a iarradh.
Background to the complaint
1. On 5 April 2019, the complainant made a request for public access to documents related to four meetings between European Commissioner Vĕra Jourová and stakeholders.
2. On 2 May 2019, the Commission sent an acknowledgement of receipt.
3. On 14 May, the Commission informed the complainant that it would send a response to the request by 27 May 2019.
4. When the Commission failed to send the response on time, the complainant sent a reminder on 30 May 2019. On 7 June, the Commission apologised for the delay stating that it hoped that it “will be able to reply in the course of the next days”.
5. On 15 August 2019, the complainant sent another reminder to the Commission.
6. On 29 August 2019, after not receiving any reply to its initial request, the complainant filed a confirmatory application.
7. Not having received a reply, the complainant turned to the Ombudsman on 2 October 2019.
8. The Ombudsman opened an inquiry into the complaint that the Commission has not replied to the complainant’s request for public access to documents within the deadlines set out in Regulation 1049/2001. She suggested that the Commission should reply to the complainant by 18 October 2019.
9. The Commission replied to the complainant’s request for access to documents with a letter signed on 18 October 2019. It granted partial access to all requested documents. 
10. The complainant thanked the Ombudsman for the assistance she provided.
Based on the inquiry, the Ombudsman closes this case with the following conclusion:
The Commission has settled the complaint by replying to the complainant and granting partial access to the requested documents.
The complainant and the Commission will be informed of this decision.