The rejection of a complaint concerning the alleged infringement by the UK and/or Cyprus authorities of the rules relating to the practice of the legal profession within the EU
Case 2528/2011/MMN - Opened on Tuesday | 17 January 2012 - Decision on Thursday | 10 July 2014 - Institution concerned European Commission (No maladministration found )
1) The Commission wrongly rejected your complaint relating to the alleged infringement by the UK and/or Cyprus authorities of the rules concerning the practice of the legal profession within the EU.
2) The Commission failed to assess your infringement complaint within a reasonable time and, moreover, failed to reply to the correspondence addressed to it in a timely fashion.
1) The Commission should resume its investigation into the complaint and initiate infringement proceedings against the MemberState(s) concerned.
2) The Commission should reply to correspondence addressed to it within one week.
3) The Commission should provide you with adequate compensation for your inability to practice as a lawyer during this period of time.