Selection of the members of (i) the Insurance and Reinsurance Stakeholder Group (IRSG) and (ii) the Occupational Pensions Stakeholder Group (OPSG)
Case 1874/2011/LP - Opened on Thursday | 27 October 2011 - Decision on Wednesday | 26 February 2014 - Institution concerned European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (Critical remark )
1) The EIOPA failed to ensure (i) geographical balance and (ii) gender balance within and among the stakeholder categories of the IRSG and the OPSG as required by Article 37(4) of Regulation (EU) No 1094/2010.
2) The EIOPA failed to ensure an adequate balance between the representatives of the industry on the one hand and those of users and consumers on the other hand when selecting members of the IRSG and the OPSG.
3) The EIOPA adopted an incorrect definition of the different stakeholder categories provided for in Regulation (EU) No 1094/2010.
1) The EIOPA should reconsider the composition of the IRSG and of the OPSG as soon as possible and in any event without waiting for the renewal of their membership, which will take place in 2013.
2) The EIOPA should publish the CVs of the selected members of the stakeholder groups together with the selection criteria on its website.