Selection of members of the Banking Stakeholder Group (BSG)
Case 1321/2011/LP - Opened on Tuesday | 19 July 2011 - Decision on Thursday | 19 December 2013 - Institution concerned European Banking Authority (Critical remark )
1. The EBA failed to ensure adequate transparency in its application of the stakeholder categories laid down in Regulation (EU) No 1093/2010.
2. The EBA wrongly considered that credit rating agencies and auditing companies fall within the stakeholder category 'users' of financial services.
3. The EBA failed adequately to respond to the complainant's challenge to the decisions made by its Board of Supervisors concerning the selection of members of the BSG.
1. The EBA should clarify the basis for its selection of members of the BSG by providing the complainant with all the information it requested in this regard.
2. The EBA should annul its selection of representatives of credit rating agencies and auditing companies as members of the BSG.
3. The EBA should annul its selection of a person from a think-tank as a consumer representative and should appoint the President of the complainant as a consumer representative on the BSG.
4. The EBA should provide the complainant with the CVs of the stakeholders selected under the headlines 'consumers' and 'users'.